MAKE AN IMPACT WITH YOUR SALES & MARKETING MATERIALS
What happens when you give a sales presentation? Or leave behind a company brochure? Do your sales and marketing materials reinforce your messages and make an impact?
It is critical to have outstanding materials when selling B2B products and services. They reinforce your brand identity and brand message, and when done well, can create a positive, long-lasting impression on your targets and prospects.
- Articles/White papers
- Case studies
- Online flipbooks
- PowerPoint presentations
- PowerPoint templates
- Proposal templates
- Service/Product sheets
When done well, your materials should align with your sales process. Your content should answer a prospect’s question at each step of the sales process, allowing them to quickly understand and absorb your information so they can move on to the next stage in the sales process.
The goal is to lead the prospect to pre-qualify your firm as one they wish to speak with and do business – demonstrating your expertise by answering their key questions with your materials.
Three Steps to Making an Impact with Your Sales & Marketing Materials
STEP 1. LIST OUT YOUR SALES PROCESS FOR EACH OF YOUR PRODUCTS/SERVICES
- Brainstorm what materials would be the ideal way to answer a prospect’s questions at each step of the process
STEP 2. REVIEW YOUR EXISTING MATERIALS
- Review each piece determine and if it can be used or modified, and if it answering a prospect’s question(s) for that the sales process stage
- Ask for feedback on if the piece and if it is still valid to use from your partners/sales team point-of-view
STEP 3. CREATE NEW MATERIALS
- Outline what content needs to be contained in each piece
- Make sure the piece is delivered at the right time during the sales process
- Don’t forget your brand strategy! Make sure each piece of content drives your firm’s brand and brand message
- Get multiple external vendor quotes to ensure that you’re getting the best quality for your value
- Research and write the content copy, using a ghost writer if necessary to meet your deadline
- Design and produce your materials
- Create a “How-to-Use” guide for your marketing materials so everyone knows what the purpose of each piece is and when/how to use it
When done well, your materials can help you move prospects along the sales process quickly, bringing them a step closer to choosing to work with you.
Need help making an impact with your materials? Give us a call (800) 589-0969 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.